- +Key Dates
- 1st Trimester: January-March
2nd Trimester: May-August
3rd Trimester: September –December
- +Industry Fit
- Healthcare Industry involving public, private and both national and International non-state actor institutions engaged in the management and development of the health system. The BSc. HSMD programme graduate has opportunities to work in these types of health care establishments at various levels of the health systems.
- +Admission Requirements
- Be a holder of:
→ KCSE (or its equivalent) certificate with C+ for Biology and Chemistry.
→ KACE with a minimum of two principal passes including Biology and subsidiary pass in Chemistry, Maths/Physics.
→ Diploma (with a KSCE mean grade C) in Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Public Health, Environmental health, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Community Health, Human Nutrition, or the equivalent of any of these qualifications as approved by the University Senate.
→ Higher National Diploma (HND) in Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Public Health, Environmental Health, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Community Health, Human Nutrition, or the equivalent of any of these qualifications from an Institution recognised by the University Senate plus a KSCE mean grade C.
- +Hours and days of study
- Monday-Friday for both part and full-time classes:
- 8:30 am – 05.00 pm (7.5 hours a day) for full-time
- 5.30 pm – 9.00 pm (3.5 hours a day) for part-time/evening classes
- +Period of study
- A full-time student (defined as taking the full load for the trimester in the duration of the programme) is expected to complete the coursework and research project of the programme within a period of 3 calendar years in a trimester system.
A part-time student (defined as taking less than the full load for the trimester in the duration of the programme) is expected to complete the coursework and the research project of the programme within a period of 4 calendar years.
- +Minimum Qualifications
- Commission for University Education (CUE) minimum university entry criteria for degree courses (KSCE mean grade of C+).
- +Credit Transfer
- Courses taken in another accredited university or college or examinations taken from recognised examining bodies in the relevant field of study may be considered for credit transfer provided the candidate attained a credit grade of B or above in that course and it is acceptable to the department and the faculty board.
- +Mode of Delivery
- Face to Face Full-time
Face to Face Part-time
Learners will have field work and practicums at accredited institutions or sites
- +Fee structure/guideline
- KShs. 79,270 per trimester
Attention: Ms Monica Orero or Ann Baraka
Telephone: +254-772354946, +254 0206993224