Website Amref International University
Inspiring Lasting Change: Inìcere perpetuam mutationem
The Amref International University was granted its Letter of Interim Authority on 1st August 2017. It is to provide holistic quality education in health science and related disciplines. The university is seeking to fill the position of DVC Academics. The DVC(A) will report to the Vice Chancellor and will have direct oversight of the faculty, research and development of quality academic programmes. The incumbent will provide leadership, guidance, planning and coordination of programmes for quality and delivery of the university’s undergraduate and post graduate teaching programmes.
- Governance and leadership, guidance, direction and supervision of students, faculty and staff.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the university’s policies, procedures and guidelines that create a framework for academic excellence.
- Provide able leadership and guidance as Chairperson of the following Senate Committees:
- Admissions, external Exams, Library, Student Disciplinary and Awards Committee;
- Member of the Management Board, Academic Committee and Human Resource Committee;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Facilitate review of academic programmes.
- Promote professional development of faculty and staff.
- Represent AMIU in various forums and maintain links with partner universities and institutions.
Qualification and experience
- PhD holder
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in university academic affairs at Department Head level.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven problem solving and organization skills;
- Strong research and publications record;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexible and firm.